Slab leaks are a common plumbing problem that can cause extensive damage to your home if left untreated. They occur when water leaks from pipes that run under the concrete slab foundation of your home.
Unfortunately, slab leaks can go undetected for a long time, causing moisture buildup, high water bills, and even cracks in your foundation.
Here are 5 Signs of a Slab Leak you should never ignore.
- Cracks in Your Foundation: One of the most obvious signs of a slab leak is cracks in your foundation. These cracks can appear suddenly and grow over time, indicating that there is a problem with the plumbing system under your home.
- Moisture Buildup: Another sign of a slab leak is moisture buildup in your home. This can manifest as damp carpets, musty odors, or even visible mold growth.
- High Water Bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your water bill, it could be a sign of a slab leak. Since these leaks occur under your home’s foundation, they can go undetected for a long time, causing your water usage to skyrocket.
- Hot Spots on Your Floor: This occurs when hot water leaks from a pipe under your home’s foundation, causing the floor above it to heat up.
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure can be a sign of a slab leak. When a pipe under your home’s foundation is leaking, it can cause a decrease in water pressure throughout your home.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to call a professional plumber right away. At Hi-Tech Plumbing & Air, we offer comprehensive slab leak detection and repair services to help keep your home safe and dry.